Depersonalize your Winnipeg home before putting it on the market
In part 3 of the series on Home Staging by Remax, we take a look at the need to depersonalize the home. Since the owner has likely lived in the home for a number of years, it has taken on his personality, displaying his photographs, trophies and furniture, along with his personal choices in colors and accents.
A buyer, coming to view the home, needs to be able to ‘visualize’ themselves in the home, and this become difficult if the buyer is overwhelmed with a multitude of personal items exhibiting the sellers personal life and tastes.
In order to help the potential buyer in their decision, home sellers are well advised to:
- Remove family photos and keepsakes
- Remove personal trophies
- Remove potentially offensive items (Hunting trophies such as bear-skins, etc)
View the 2-minute video on this subject
8 Things Home Stagers know . Have you noticed that home stagers are becoming more popular? More people are hiring them when they want to get a really good price for their home. The reason is …
Publish Date: 05/30/2011 9:39
Improving curb appeal very important step in home staging. Houses and Condos in Winnipeg sell faster if proper home staging is used. Real Estate Tip.
Publish Date: 08/26/2011 9:06
- Expired Listing? House did not sell? What is the next step? (bokauffmann.com)
- Top 6 Winnipeg Real Estate Blog posts of 2011 (bokauffmann.com)
- Winnipeg Real Estate Market Update for February 2012 (bokauffmann.com)